Outstanding researchers can have a decisive and positive impact on the culture and performance of research institutions.
Since April 12th, 2017 university or research organisation may apply the ERA Chairs actions that will support universities or research organisations with the objective of attracting and maintaining high quality human resources under the direction of an outstanding researcher and research manager (the “ERA Chair holder”) and in parallel implementing the structural changes necessary to achieve excellence on a sustainable basis.
- Increased attractiveness of the institution, host region and country for internationally excellent and mobile researchers.
- Increased research excellence of the institution in the specific fields covered by the ERA Chair holders.
- Improved capability to compete successfully for internationally competitive research funding.
- Institutional changes within the ERA Chair host institution to implement the European Research Area priorities, (including an open recruitment policy, gender balance, peer review, and innovative doctoral training).
Opening date – 12.04.2017
Deadline – 15.11.2017
Project value – up to 2,5 milion €
Project period – up to 5 years
Be aware of the update of the H2020 Work Programme 2016-17 (of 24 April 2017) – the following changes were made to the ERA Chairs call text:
– Removal of the option for part time arrangements of the ERA Chair holder. He/she needs to be appointed in a full time position.
– Adaptation to the Annotated Model Grant Agreement (AGA) with respect to the level of remuneration of the ERA Chair holder.
Specific call requirements are available here: https://ec.europa.eu/research/participants/portal/desktop/en/opportunities/h2020/topics/widespread-03-2017.html