New Tools for Spreading Excellence and Widening Participation in Research and Innovation Programmes
Date: 16 November 2017, Tallinn, Estonia
Venue: Art museum of Estonia / Kumu (Weizenbergi Street 34)
Estonian Ministry of Education and Research is delighted to announce the transnational seminar of the Baltic Science Network „New tools for spreading excellence and widening participation in research and innovation programmes“ contributing to the Estonian Presidency of the Council of the EU on November 16, 2017 in Tallinn.
The event is part of Baltic Science Network programme that is aimed at discussing the most promising solutions to help increase the participation of moderate innovators in research and innovation initiatives implemented in the European Research Area. The Network is connecting the targeted multilateral activities in the frame of research and innovation excellence, mobility of scientists and expanded participation. The current event is focussing on widening participation in research and innovation programmes.
The seminar will gather a distinguished set of speakers. The key-note speech is delivered by Dimitri Corpakis. The sessions focus on macro-regional experience in widened participation
and solutions for overcoming widening barriers and decreasing the innovation gap will gather such high level speakers as:
– Ambassador Maira Mora, Director General of the Council of the Baltic Sea States Secretariat;
– Wolfgang Burtscher, Deputy Director-General of Directorate General for Research & Innovation, European Commission;
– Peter Berkowitz, Head of Unit – Smart & Sustainable Growth, Directorate-General for Regional and Urban Policy, European Commission;
– Indrek Reimand, Deputy Secretary General for Higher Education and Research of Estonia;
– Agrita Kiopa, Deputy State Secretary and Director for Higher Education and Research at the Latvian Ministry of Education and Science;
– Christoph Quitmann, Director of MAX IV Laboratory;
– Kaisa Kononen, Executive Director of the BONUS Baltic Organisations’ Network for Funding Science EEIG.
The event is free of charge. Online registration will open in June 2017. The electronic registration will be available here. Hotel pre-bookings and transportation to the seminar site are made available upon request.
For further enquiries, please contact:
Ms Liis Karo-Astover, Estonian Ministry of Education and Research, BSN Project Manager email@example.com